Development Manager - Completed
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
Our Client is a well-established, urban infill-focused mixed-use development firm looking to find a strong Development Manager to join an entrepreneurial Washington, DC team/office.
The Company has a substantial and growing pipeline of mid-Atlantic/southeast based development projects that are well-financed and uniquely positioned in dynamic neighborhood locations. This is an organization that provides the entrepreneurial platform to participate in long-term profit interests.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
1. Project Management – Manage, coordinate, motivate and lead the whole project team (internal and external) to the successful completion of the project vision and objectives. Ensure, through the project team, that the project is completed safely, on time, within authorized costs, and according to required quality standards.
2. Schedule – Create and track project schedule and milestones. Review GC long lead procurement log.
3. Budget – Manage project costs within project budget. Review invoices. Coordinate project draws. Vet change orders and add services for legitimacy and accuracy. Manage GC Buyout (95% within 45 days of NTP). Manage GC pay apps for accuracy and timely payment.
4. Pro forma – Manage project pro forma.
5. Risk Assessment – Assess risk and see problems before they arise.
6. Meetings – Schedule and lead project meetings as necessary; create meeting agendas and manage meeting minutes to protect the interests of The Company and their Partners
7. Public Relations – Represent The Company to the neighbors and the community as needed.
8. Motivation & Morale – Creates a positive work environment that encourages teamwork, cooperation, and collaboration between and among internal and external team members
9. Reporting – Provide regular reporting to the Principals and Partners as requested.
10. Project Turnover – Coordinate turnover of project to new ownership. Manage punch list and GC closeout.
1. Conflict Resolution: Ability to be calm but firm in representing The Company’s interests in effectively resolving conflicts.
2. Problem Solving: Through experience and being proactive, sees problems before they arise; creative and collaborative in solving problems when they do arise.
3. Alignment and Commitment: Builds consensus throughout the project team and gains commitment behind the vision and direction. Ensures alignment of the Company team; that the team has input, is heard and that opinions are considered through strong communication and effective listening skills and through effective mentoring.
4. Ensuring Execution: Holds people accountable and works with them to ensure that people are effective in their roles – ‘doing the right things right’.
5. Setting a Personal Example: Provides a positive personal example through words and behavior. Displays personal integrity, supports internal and external professionals; takes responsibility for his or her actions and holds others accountable. Fosters a learning environment where mistakes are identified, owned and learned from.
6. Culture Champion: Champions the culture of the Company, being wise stewards of resources and relationships, doing everything, big or small, with a high level of excellence that exceeds expectations, doing what we say we will do, respecting each other with humility to collaborate in a highly creative and effective way and operate with a high level of personal accountability.
7. Delegation – Effectively delegate tasks to the appropriate team members
- 7+ years in development / construction management (preferably in multifamily and mixed-use)
- Ability to read and understand architectural and construction plans and documents
- Proven ability to manage full development scope of a project
- Working knowledge of all phases of the project to include: pro forma, entitlements, design, construction, sales / leasing /marketing.
- Possesses written and oral communication skills to support decisions and recommendations