1. Oversee all aspects of real estate development for the entities, from idea conceptualization through various diligence, analysis/financial planning, permitting, implementation and transition processes.
2. Lead the internal and external project team members, from various functional disciplines including asset management, leasing, legal, finance/budgeting, planning/design, construction, and accounting throughout the scope of the projects.
3. On behalf of the entities, negotiate joint venture, loan documents, purchase and sale and all 3rd party professional consulting agreements with contractors, architects/engineers, planners, surveyors, etc. that are associated with the development projects.
4. Analyze and underwrite proposed projects. Ensure that excel based project pro-formas and schedules, including initial preparation, updating, and comparing/reporting variances are executed properly and diligently managed.
5. Prepare, share, and interpret financial sensitivity analysis and cash flow projection summaries with relevant stakeholders. Collaborate with accounting department to ensure project reports are properly prepared.
6. Perform and oversee due diligence tasks which include zoning, title, environmental risk, and other potential barriers to development
7. Collaborate with and direct legal counsel in reference to all research associated with zoning ordinances and entitlement processes within the applicable jurisdictions
8. Oversee the preparation of requests for proposals (RFP), manage RFP process, analyze proposals, for assigned projects and make recommendations to senior leadership in accordance with the approved pro-forma
9. Stay current on local real estate submarkets and industry trends. Track competition, comparable lease transaction, regional trends, and overall general market conditions.
10. Provide coaching and professional development and mentoring to assigned staff in the real estate office.
1. A bachelor’s degree is required. MBA, master’s in real estate or related advanced degree, or the equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
2. 8 – 10+ years of development execution experience across a variety of real estate asset classes & projects.
3. Proven experience having acted in the capacity of the development manager/lead oversight of complex and sophisticated real estate development projects.
4. Prior, proven supervisory experience having overseen the work of others while pivoting to independently lead projects with limited supervision and/or resources at times.
5. Exceptional organizational/project/time management skills with the ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously at different development stages.
6. Very strong financial/analytical modeling skills. Highly proficient in Excel, as well as Project and PowerPoint and virtual team collaboration tolls (MS Teams, ZOOM, etc.).
7. Knowledgeable in reading and assessing engineering and architectural plans with ability to provide appropriate situational feedback.
8. Excellent communication skills both oral and written, externally and internally, and ability to provide concise communication to internal leadership and clients.
9. Highly skilled in developing critical internal/external relationships and builds consensus to facilitate and negotiate complex agreements and transactions.
10. Comfortable working successfully in a high pressure, fast paced environment, very self-motivated.
11. Demonstrate a high degree of integrity and ethics with good judgement and decision-making ability.