1. On behalf of the Insitution’s entities, acts as the principal in helping oversee daily leasing operations along with the creation and execution of all lease/transactional activity throughout the Institution’s property operating portfolio.
2. Develop, manage, and maintain positive and productive relationships with outside brokerage firms to ensure the agreed upon leasing strategies (as a landlord in owned buildings as well as a tenant in third-party owned buildings), are successfully executed.
3. Works closely with internal asset managers, planning, design & construction groups to facilitate the evaluation of tenant space, design, and project management needs adhering to lease documents.
4. Collaborate with Chief Real Estate Officer in helping develop and manage the annual leasing/construction budgeting process throughout the operating portfolio.
5. Oversee the evaluation and analysis of all lease/business terms and lead all negotiation efforts throughout transactions.
6. Closely monitor and track all lease expiration activity and drive a proactive effort by meeting with tenants to evaluate renewal options and/or other strategic alternatives.
7. Collaborate with marketing department in the creation and execution of high-quality marketing plans for the properties/portfolio.
8. Possess thorough knowledge of all property/portfolio competitive markets/submarkets to successfully implement space requirements based upon well-researched criteria (e.g., use, size, geographic preference, etc.)
9. Formulate and lead all strategic recommendations for stakeholder consideration and approval.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
1. Bachelor’s degree required with concentration in a business-related discipline. An MBA or related advanced degree, or the equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
2. Four to seven years of progressively responsible (landlord representation focused) leasing/transaction experience within a commercial real estate owner/operator, developer and/or brokerage firm. Experience with tenant representation a plus.
3. Proven, trusted relationship within the local commercial real estate community including brokers, landlords, legal professionals, and other relevant service providers.
4. Detailed understanding of local commercial real estate markets/submarkets with the ability to thoroughly assess/analyze competitive market data (e.g., pricing, etc.). Very strong understanding of commercial real estate properties/leases.
5. Strong working knowledge of typical industry lease agreements, both landlord and tenant-based terms and conditions.
6. Exceptional interpersonal communication, both oral and written, with the ability to build consensus and facilitate productive lease negotiations.
7. Working experience with lease management/financial management systems with ability to comfortably lead and interpret analysis required to make concise recommendations.
8. Ability to work independently, with a sense of urgency, while contributing to a team-oriented transaction process.