Senior Vice President, Investments - Completed
Our client, a well-established, entrepreneurial, Washington, DC area based real estate investment/development firm seeks a talented acquisition/investment leader to join the Company. This group presently manages a very diversified operating portfolio comprised of commercial office/industrial assets while continuing to drive an acquisition/development pipeline of well-located, commercial, and multifamily ground up development, redevelopment/repositioning projects in several stages of execution. With new funding commitments in play, this group needs a strong leader to help take the company to the next level.
Reporting to the Managing Partners, this candidate will be an integral member of the leadership group responsible for helping to leverage the firm’s existing platform in order to identify, underwrite, structure, close, and strategically integrate new, income producing investment & development opportunities/partnerships to the organization.
- Provide the organization with the leadership, experience/knowledge, and direction in order to identify and drive a growth-oriented, income producing, investment/development pipeline across strategically analyzed MSA’s & asset classes.
- Formulate new, investment/project vision and drive communication efforts to ensure strategic business plans are successfully transitioned into Company operating portfolio.
- Leverage the organization’s existing investment platform to maintain and develop new, trusted relationships with owner/operators, developers, investors, brokers, lenders/banks, and other marketing sources to generate qualified investment opportunities.
- Oversee the underwriting, analysis, and preparation of investment proposals/memorandums, feasibility analysis, financial structures/costs, funding commitments, etc., diligence, and lead the interpretation of all presentations to the investment committee.
- Collaborate with the firm’s senior leadership team in helping to direct and manage negotiations of all purchase/sale agreements, partnership/venture agreements, debt and/or other pertinent transactional documentation.
- Collaborate with Managing Partners in the hiring & managing of all internal/external design, engineering, land-use, and construction and any other team members and consultants throughout the project.
- In conjunction with Company partners, act as a primary interface with any/all land entitlement and development approvals. Possess strong knowledge of local and state entitlement pathways and be able to assess entitlement risk for ground-up development projects and change of use opportunities.
- Regularly attend all relevant local, regional, and national industry functions, conferences, and events. Promote Company name/brand/reputation to develop qualified business relationships and opportunities.
- Monitor relevant market research studies and stay current on industry news and trends to continually inform Company of existing/new investment strategies.
- Bachelor’s/undergraduate degree required with a business/finance/economics, architecture/design, construction management, or civil engineering focus preferred. Master’s degree/MBA in Real Estate highly desirable.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively successful acquisition/investment experience within sophisticated, institutional investment/development platforms.
- Proven sourcing/business development experience with ability to leverage prior, existing network of relationships.
- Exposure to broad and complex real estate transactions across the capital stack.
- Experience underwriting investment/development transactions across a variety of asset classes.
- Exceptional ability to lead, manage and motivate multi-disciplinary teams, both internally and externally (acquisition/development, marketing, property management, construction management, finance, etc.) during all critical phases of the acquisition/development process.
- Ability to drive consensus among people while developing relationships at all experience levels inside and outside the organization.
- Must possess outstanding negotiation and problem-solving skills. High attention to detail with great judgement when navigating through complex deals.
- Must be motivated to thrive in an entrepreneurial, hands-on, creative environment