Vice President, Multifamily Operations - Completed
Our client, a NYC/Washington, DC area based, commercial real estate owner/operator seeks a talented, senior-level operations leader to oversee the Company’s day-to-day multifamily operations. With decades of successful investment, development, and management experience, the Company has decided to reposition their 2,300-unit portfolio.
Reporting directly to the Company’s Owner and the CEO, the Vice President of Operations provides leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure the properties achieve optimal, operational, and financial performance that meet the organization’s strategic plan.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide executive leadership over the Company’s day-to-day building operations, which include but are not limited to; administrative, marketing, leasing, legal, financial/budgeting and construction/development.
- Make recommendations to Owner & CEO for new operational policies, systems and/or technology to enhance Company operational and financial growth initiatives.
- Responsible for ensuring the successful recruiting, hiring, training, and staff development across all departments.
- Responsible for achieving and exceeding the overall financial and operational business objectives for the properties.
- Supervise/Act as the primary liaison to the Company’s redevelopment/repositioning program which includes the renovation of thousands of units and over 40,000 square feet of retail/amenity space.
- Oversee the performance of all 3rd party contractors and consultants.
- Enforce compliance with contracts; ensure compliance with governmental rules and regulations (e.g., including but not limited to fair housing, department of buildings, licensing requirements etc.)
- Develop a positive work environment ensuring consistent, measurable practices and policies to generate quality performance and retention of staff.
- Drive operational leaders in establishing positive and initiative-taking communication practices with residents, unions, and the community. Responsible for creating a warm and inviting atmosphere across the Company portfolio.
- Undergraduate degree & minimum 15+ years of experience overseeing day to day operations of large, complex residential properties.
- Proven experience managing a large staff across several different internal department functions. Preference for experience with union and non-union employees.
- Successful experience hiring, training and motivating staff/employees to perform consistent, outstanding work.
- Adept at thinking strategically, advising at a high level and empowering staff to execute solutions.
- Proven experience overseeing residential properties that have undergone sizeable redevelopment and/or capital improvement initiatives.
- Strong financial acumen. Ability to prepare budgets, analyze financial statements, and understand financial/accounting issues as they relate to property operations.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, and ability to interact with people (staff, contractors, residents, community, etc.) at all levels with a genuine desire to solve problems.
- Must be willing to work “onsite” and not only be the face of the property, but a very influential face in the local market/community.